Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mr2 Engine Fire

http://www.blossomtube.net/stories/mr2-engine-fire/
Mr2 Engine Fire
Mr2 Engine Fire

By: Ivan
Story when I had an MR2

One day I decided to change my battery because it was on its last legs. Now that day I had started work at 5pm and it was already 3 but I tackled the endeavor anyway. The battery was a little bigger then the one in the Mr2, I decided to try and make it work. Struggling to make it fit with the tie down I left the tie down off and proceeded to go to work as it was 4:30 and I was running late. I got on the highway and the Mr2 was purring like a kitten the supercharger was screaming every time I hammered down. Nothing could go wrong and obviously I was proven wrong when the traffic came to a dead halt. I was running late like I said before I decided to get off the highway and take the streets. I was in the mood to be driving like I was on the track taking turns at unnecessary speed. Having a blast and of course that ended shortly because the traffic started to get heavier on the street as well. I was driving along like a zombie with everyone else on the road when I started to smell that fire cracker smell. As if someone has been shooting some off outside the car. I started thinking to myself. “is there a celebration that I don’t know about”. Finally I stopped at a red light and noticed these old folks starring at me from their minivan. I thought “what is their problem. Have they not seen an Mr2 before?” and then finally something made me look to the back which is were the engine is and all I saw was smoke billowing out like a freight train. I panicked trying to get off the road and of course it was all grid locked but I managed to get on to a private road, jumped out, and took my shirt off to start beating the fire with my shirt. While I was doing that, there were kids standing by that were biking earlier. Finally the fire was almost out 5 minutes have past which felt like an hour, and one of the kids asked me if I needed water I looked at him and yelled out that would help but it’s too late now I put the fire out already. I thought to myself this kid couldn’t give me the water five minutes earlier or couldn’t the old folks in the minivan say something, people are funny now a days, they just stare at you like your some crazy and take a video and post the video online before they try and help. After I put the fire out and assessed the damage, which wasn’t too bad, except a melted battery and slightly burned coolant hoses which I taped up. I then replaced the battery thanks to my friend who brought my spare battery. Now kids the moral of the story is don’t leave the battery tie down at home and DO NOT EXPECT PEOPLE AROUND YOU TO HELP

No comments:

Post a Comment